Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Clipped this from a magazine from Eat Smart by Jean Carpenter who says " the ultimate in simplicity and refreshing taste, this coleslaw is flecked with green, red and yellow vegetables, the colors signifying the presence of antioxidants (cabbage is thought to have anti-cancer activity). This is a crispy salad. I may have ripped this from a diabetic magazine.
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernel, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar, can use other white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute, I like Splenda, can use sugar if you like
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Simply toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Can serve immediately but I like to chill salads like these to let the flavors blend.