I originally got this recipe from a grocery store ad flyer and LOVE it because it uses Splenda instead of sugar. My diabetic family members love it and I do too! It's terrific!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Allow pie crust to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, Splenda, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the thawed pie shell. Bake pie on center oven rack for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pumpkin pie before cutting into 8 servings.
- Cooking time does not include time to cool.
skip the extra egg. all other pumpkin pies call for just two and i had a cup of extra filling and the pie is too moist.
bake at 425 for 15 min. reduce heat to 350 and bake another 45 min to get a golden perfectly cooked pie. i'll add an extra tsp of pumpkin pie spice next time. i also used stevia granulated rather than splenda.
i DON'T miss the sugar at all and the pie looks identical to a sugary one! all in all, i'll make the adjustments next time and will have a go-to sugar free pie.
Wow! I made 2 pies, 1 regular following the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin, and this Splenda recipe. Aside from the slightly lighter color, you really can't tell the difference. It tastes wonderful, and it was super easy to make. My husband is diabetic, so I really appreciate finding a no-sugar pie recipe that tastes great! Next holiday, I will make this recipe, and not tell anyone. I really don't think anyone will notice.
This was wonderful but did take a hour to bake. My dh gets to enjoy Pumpkin Pie this year without his sugar going crazy. Thank you! My son ate it too and didn't even know it was made with Splenda.