Recipe by Radish4ever
I originally got this recipe from a grocery store ad flyer and LOVE it because it uses Splenda instead of sugar. My diabetic family members love it and I do too! It's terrific!
Top Review by iloverabbits
skip the extra egg. all other pumpkin pies call for just two and i had a cup of extra filling and the pie is too moist.
bake at 425 for 15 min. reduce heat to 350 and bake another 45 min to get a golden perfectly cooked pie. i'll add an extra tsp of pumpkin pie spice next time. i also used stevia granulated rather than splenda.
i DON'T miss the sugar at all and the pie looks identical to a sugary one! all in all, i'll make the adjustments next time and will have a go-to sugar free pie.
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 3 large eggs, Beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Allow pie crust to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, Splenda, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the thawed pie shell. Bake pie on center oven rack for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pumpkin pie before cutting into 8 servings.
- Cooking time does not include time to cool.