Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this off the Splenda website.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Grease an 8- x 8-inch pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- BUTTER sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan; add SPLENDA(r) Sugar Blend for Baking, brown sugar, half and half, and milk.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until candy thermometer reaches 236 degrees or soft ball stage (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; do not stir.
- Cool, without stirring, until mixture reaches 110 degrees (about 50 minutes).
- Add pecans; beat with a wooden spoon or with a mixer fitted with paddle attachment until mixture thickens and just begins to lose its gloss.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Score in squares and cool completely; cut when firm.