Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another good one from the SPLENDA® site. If you don't like non-fat cream cheese they suggest, you can always use the low fat as I have done.
- 118.29 ml light butter, softened
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular, No Calorie Sweetener
- 453.59 g fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter and SPLENDA ® Granular briefly in medium bowl, until SPLENDA® Granular is just incorporated.
- Add cream cheese, tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Mix until lump free, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Scrape sides of bowl and add vanilla extract. Mix well.
Made for Bargain Basement tag, this is SOOO good. I thought I would have to give up my carrot cakes cause the best part was the icing but not with this.
I don`t know why these other people think this tastes good. This frosting is so sweet it is gross, and the splenda aftertaste is really strong. There is absolutely nothing I would reccommend this for aside from lining a trash can. As far as things that could make this recipie better, using 1/2 cp less splenda, or substituting sugar for splenda would be a vast improvement.
The nutritional facts are do not correlate to the ingredients.
There is a heap of a lot of ingredients for a single serving.
Nutritional Facts for Splenda? Low-fat Cream Cheese Frosting Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories from Fat 287
Total Fat 31.9 g
Saturated Fat 19.9 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg
Sodium 261.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 1.9 g
Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/splenda-low-fat-cream-cheese-frosting-114055/review?oc=linkback