Recipe by Annacia
The Splenda adds a sweetness and lower calories to this tantalizing sweet and tangy bread. The creamy texture comes from the yogurt. Give it a try, you'll love it! Makes 2 small loaves.
- 354.88 ml pastry flour
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml gated lemon rind
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml egg white
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 295.73 ml nonfat yogurt (lemon or vanilla or mix the two)
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml lemon juice (or to taste)
- finely grated lemon zest (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep all your ingredients before hand, this will help to make sure things move quickly and to be sure you have all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, splenda, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind.
- Using a whisk mix all the dry ingredients till well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Mix the ingredients together with a wire whisk till well blended.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula, just till combined.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans ( 8 x 41/2 ).
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan and brush on top of the loaves.