1/1 Photo of Splenda Lemon Meringue Loaf
The Splenda adds a sweetness and lower calories to this tantalizing sweet and tangy bread. The creamy texture comes from the yogurt. Give it a try, you'll love it! Makes 2 small loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml pastry flour
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml gated lemon rind
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml egg white
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 295.73 ml nonfat yogurt (lemon or vanilla or mix the two)
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 1Prep all your ingredients before hand, this will help to make sure things move quickly and to be sure you have all the ingredients.
- 2In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, splenda, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind.
- 3Using a whisk mix all the dry ingredients till well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Mix the ingredients together with a wire whisk till well blended.
- 5Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula, just till combined.
- 6Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans ( 8 x 41/2 ).
- 7Bake in a 350F oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
- 10FOR GLAZE:.
- 11Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan.
- 12Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- 13Remove from saucepan and brush on top of the loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Splenda Lemon Meringue Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1481.5
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 2244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 42.4 g