Recipe by Annacia
The Splenda adds a sweetness and lower calories to this tantalizing sweet and tangy bread. The creamy texture comes from the yogurt. Give it a try, you'll love it! Makes 2 small loaves.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup egg white
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat yogurt (lemon or vanilla or mix the two)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or to taste)
- finely grated lemon zest (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep all your ingredients before hand, this will help to make sure things move quickly and to be sure you have all the ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, splenda, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind.
- Using a whisk mix all the dry ingredients till well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Mix the ingredients together with a wire whisk till well blended.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula, just till combined.
- Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans ( 8 x 41/2 ).
- Bake in a 350F oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan and brush on top of the loaves.