1/1 Photo of Splenda Lemon Meringue Loaf
The Splenda adds a sweetness and lower calories to this tantalizing sweet and tangy bread. The creamy texture comes from the yogurt. Give it a try, you'll love it! Makes 2 small loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup egg white
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat yogurt (lemon or vanilla or mix the two)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1Prep all your ingredients before hand, this will help to make sure things move quickly and to be sure you have all the ingredients.
- 2In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, splenda, baking powder, salt and grated lemon rind.
- 3Using a whisk mix all the dry ingredients till well blended.
- 4In a separate bowl combine the oil, eggs, lemon juice, yogurt and milk. Mix the ingredients together with a wire whisk till well blended.
- 5Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula, just till combined.
- 6Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans ( 8 x 41/2 ).
- 7Bake in a 350F oven for 30 -35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
- 10FOR GLAZE:.
- 11Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan.
- 12Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- 13Remove from saucepan and brush on top of the loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Splenda Lemon Meringue Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1481.5
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 2244.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 42.4 g