Recipe by HeidiRenee
This is Bill Clinton's favorite pie, and I need to make a lemon pie without sugar - so I'm giving it a try - hopefully it turns out. I also need the carb count, so I'm posting it here to track it all. (this recipe makes 2 9" pies, or one deep dish pie)
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Add flour, cornmeal, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center.