Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are wonderful for a potluck.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple, cut into 1/2 -inch (15 mm)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line a 9-inch (23 cm) baking pan on all sides with parchment paper, so that it hangs over the edge.
- For base, stir butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend to combine.
- Add flour, oats, cinnamon and salt and stir until a rough crumbly texture forms.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling.
- For filling, sprinkle diced apple over cooled crust.
- Whisk eggs, SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla to combine, then whisk in flour and baking powder.
- Pour over apples (filling will just cover) and bake for about 25 minutes, until filling is set and starting to brown.
- Cool to room temperature then chill completely, about 2 hours.
- For icing, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over chilled filling, sprinkle with cinnamon and chill 20 minutes to set.
- To slice, remove squares from pan by lifting parchment and slice into 25 squares.
- Store squares refrigerated for up to 5 days.