Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This uses the Splenda Brand Brown sugar blend. Very good!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple, cut into 1/2 -inch squares
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9-inch (23 cm) baking pan on all sides with parchment paper, so that it hangs over the edge.
- Stir butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend to combine. Add flour, oats, cinnamon and salt and stir until a rough crumbly texture forms. Press into prepared pan and bake for 18 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
- Sprinkle diced apple over cooled crust. Whisk eggs, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla to combine, then whisk in flour and baking powder. Pour over apples (filling will just cover) and bake for about 25 minutes, until filling is set and starting to brown.
- Cool to room temperature then chill completely, about 2 hours.
- Beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chilled filling, sprinkle with cinnamon and chill 20 minutes to set. To slice, remove squares from pan by lifting parchment and slice into 25 squares.
- Store squares refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
- Bake Time: 40 minutes.
- Makes: 25 squares.
- Chef Anna Olson.