Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by ooh-lala.
Top Review by grumblewine
I have never used Splena for frosting before. I whipped up a batch of brownies to satisfy the ole sweet tooth and realized I had no powdered sugar! I was in a bit of a panic as I had promised frosted brownies. I jumped on the computer and found this recipe. It saved the day! I added cocoa to taste and substituted milk for water. The glaze was nice looking and worked just fine! Yum! Thank you for posting it!
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 1⁄2 cups splenda granular sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 -6 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 drop maple flavoring or 1 teaspoon lemon zest or 1 teaspoon orange zest or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop imitation maple flavor
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute (1/2 cup splenda granular Powdered Sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Preparation Time 10 minute Makes1/3 cup glaze. Mix together SPLENDA® Granular 1/4 cup, Cornstarch 5-6 teaspoons Water Place SPLENDA® and cornstarch in blender jar. Cover and blend until SPLENDA® is a very fine powder. Pour into a small bowl. Add water and stir well. This recipe makes a thick glaze. Add more water for a thinner glaze. To flavor the glaze add any of the following; 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 drop maple flavor, 1 teaspoons lemon zest, 1 teaspoons orange zest, or 1/2 teaspoons rum flavor.
- Frosting: 1 (8oz.) pkg. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese 1/4 cup Butter, softened 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla 1 drop Imitation Maple Flavor 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar 1 (1.4ounce) package sugar-free instant pudding mix 1 3/4 cups milk 1 (8oz) package cream cheese 1 (8oz) container lite frozen whipped topping, thawed in a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. mix well and let stand until thickened. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. add pudding and mix well. finally fold in whipped topping. Cream Cheese Frosting 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/2°C Smart Beat, softened 1 t. vanilla 2-3 tablespoons Splenda (or to your taste) 1/2°C chopped pecans Beat cream cheese and Smart Beat in mixer bowl til fluffy. Beat in Splenda to taste. Add vanilla and pecans: mix well. Store in refrigerator. Versatile cream cheese frosting flavoured with sugar-free instant pudding. It will frost one 9x13 or one 2-layer cake. Use any flavour of pudding mix. 1 (1.40 ounces) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix 1 3/4 cups milk 1 (8.00 ounces) package reduced-fat cream cheese 1 (8.00 ounces) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed 1. In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. 2. Mix well and let stand until thickened. 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. 4. Add pudding and mix well. 5. Finally, fold in whipped topping.