Prep 55 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have a good friend going through dessert withdrawl while on the Adkins diet so I came up with this..............Did the trick!!
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F and oil an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with oil, stirring, until smooth.
- Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk Splenda into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well.
- Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.