This is my own recipe for a yummy, creamy, thick, cheesecake; that is easy to make and sure to dazzle anyone. I prefer to serve it topped with blackberries, but you can use any fruit of your choice… I bet Kiwi with lime would be good too, Mmmm mabe I'll go make another. To be completely honest, I opt not to dig out my spring form pan and cheat by buying ready made crust from the store. Although, I have included ingredients and instructions for a crust for those who are looking for a completely home made cake. However, if you are as lazy as I am and go with the ready made crust … Tip: Keep that aluminum edge (that keeps the clear plastic lid on) folded up, making an extra lip. It will help hold more cheesecake, and keep it from overflowing. This is a nice, thick cheesecake! This cheesecake is made in three parts 1. Crust, 2. Filling (note: filling is made in two stages whipped cream and filling), and 3. Topping (note: this topping is not the fruit topping, but the top layer of the cheesecake).
Grahm cracker Crumb Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
Filling (whipped cream portion)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grahm cracker Crumb Crust:.
- Mix together: crumbs, Splenda, spices, and Almonds.
- Stir in butter, mix well.
- Press into bottom and slightly up sides of 10 inch spring form pan.
- Set aside.
- Filling: (whipped cream portion).
- First beat heavy whipping cream until it starts to look frothy, then add ¼ cup Splenda and 1 teaspoons vanilla extract. Continue beating until firm peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly beat remaining filling ingredients (cream cheese, eggs, Splenda, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and lemon juice) with a mixer, for about 5 minutes; scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Take half of whipped cream mixture and fold into filling.
- Set aside other half of whipped cream mixture.
- Pour filling into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 - 40 minute.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5- 10 minute.
- Reset oven to 475°F.
- While cheesecake is cooling prepare topping.
- Mix together topping ingredients and pour over cake.
- (Note: This is where that turned up lip comes in handy. If you are using a ready made crust, there will be a little extra topping left over, but not enough to bother trying to change the recipe; about ¼ cup or so.).
- Return cheesecake to oven and bake at 475°F for 8 - 12 minute.
- Cool, and chill cake for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Just before serving decorate with remaining whipped cream and fruit of your choice . I prefer blackberries (as shown in photo).
All I can say is WOW!! I made everything as written... right down to the crust and spring form pan... and between the spices, nuts and richness of the ingredients, the sugar free "taste" was almost non-existent. I had a bit of a time trying to figure out if the cake was cooking correctly as my oven seemed to take longer (and then browned the first layer of the cake) which worried me.... but after the second layer went on and was "set" by the increased heat.... and then cooled, everything compacted down into a dense and creamy cake... which is just what I was hoping for. I made this for my husband's b-day tonight... and it was a HUGE hit. I will definitely be making this again! Thank you for posting!!
This is so good that even I like it and I'm not the diabetic. I used the premade crusts since there is very little sugar in there anyway, and it worked great. I will be making this again and again for my guy.