Recipe by Shy617
Lower fat and sugar free!
Top Review by Rainbow*Bubbles
Wow, this recipe is amazing! I've been trying to find a good banana recipe for a while (I keep ending up with the remains of the kids' fruit trolley at school, lol), and this is definitely the best. I like the banana layer so much that the second time I made it, I didn't even use the cocoa powder! The only change I made was to use low-fat vanilla yogurt instead of margarine (because I didn't have any) and it still turned out really nice and moist. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup light margarine
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350.
- Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Cream margarine and splenda.
- Add egg whites and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Blend in bananas.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Divide batter in half and add cocoa.
- Mix well, Spread cocoa batter into pan.
- Spread remaining batter over this and swirl with knife
- Bake 25-30 min till toothpick comes out clean.