Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is wonderful with coffee.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 10-inch tube pan (angel food pan) or nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and soda into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- Add SPLENDA® Granular and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the egg substitute and vanilla.
- Beat briefly to incorporate.
- Add applesauce and half of the sour cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the sifted flour mixture and beat at medium speed just until smooth.
- Add remaining sour cream and blend just until incorporated and batter is uniform.
- Set aside.
- Make Filling: Place 1/4 of cake batter in a small bowl.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Place 1/2 of the remaining cake batter into prepared pan.
- Top with filling.
- Swirl with knife.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated 350° F oven 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.