2 hrs 30 mins
JoAnn Rachor's Note:
This is a modified recipe that has been passed around our family. It is a staple for holiday brunches. It does contain some sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 - 115 degree)
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup milk, lukewarm
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1Scald milk to 180 degrees and let cool. I add the butter and egg to help in the cooling process.
- 2In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm (110 - 115 degrees) water.
- 3Add milk, sugar (don't substitute splenda here), salt, egg, 1/4 cup butter, and half the flour and mix until smooth.
- 4Add enough flour to handle easily. It is ok to add an extra 1/2 cup if necessary.
- 5Turn onto a floured board and knead at least 5 minutes until as smooth as a baby's skin.
- 6Round up in a greased bowl with the greased side up. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm (85 degrees) place until double. This may take 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Punch down and let rise again until almost double. This will take about 30 minutes.
- 8Melt the 1/3 cup butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a baking pan over low heat until bubbly. Cook in a heavy saucepan if you are using a glass baking dish.
- 9Roll the dough into oblong about 15" x 9".
- 10Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon sugar. Roll up tightly beginning along the long side so you end up with a 15 inch long roll.
- 11Cut roll into 1" slices and arrange them in baking pan.
- 12Cover and let rise until double. This will take about 35-40 minutes.
- 13Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 375 degree oven. If baking pan is glass bake at 350 degrees.
- 14Remove the pan from the oven and immediately turn upside down on a large tray with a cooling rack inside it. Let the baking pan stay over the rolls a minute so the sticky part can run down over the rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Splenda Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g