Recipe by Barb G.
Delicious chocolate chip cookies, using the new Splenda Blend for baking. The recipe comes from Splenda.com.
Top Review by Evadisney
Thought these were pretty good for using Splenda and for 42 calories a cookie. You need to flatten them out a bit to get a cookie shape. Otherwise it tends to stay in ball form when you bake them. If you bake them only 8 or 9 minutes the texture is more like a cookie. Still a bit of a cake consistency, but we thought the taste was great!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed Splenda brown sugar blend or 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter, Splenda sugar blend, brown sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; scrape sides of bowl; Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended, stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets; Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.