Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Delicious chocolate chip cookies, using the new Splenda Blend for baking. The recipe comes from Splenda.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed Splenda brown sugar blend or 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter, Splenda sugar blend, brown sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; scrape sides of bowl; Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended, stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheets; Bake cookies 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Thought these were pretty good for using Splenda and for 42 calories a cookie. You need to flatten them out a bit to get a cookie shape. Otherwise it tends to stay in ball form when you bake them. If you bake them only 8 or 9 minutes the texture is more like a cookie. Still a bit of a cake consistency, but we thought the taste was great!
These didnt taste so terrible. I actually liked them, but the family said nay. And also the texture wasn't exactly favorable for a cookie in my opinion. I much prefer the Chocolate Chip & Walnut Cookies (Splenda) Chocolate Chip & Walnut Cookies (Splenda). They capture the, "just right" texture a lot better, which makes for a more pleasant experience. Pass the Milk!
The texture could use a bit of help. They were a little crumbly/cakey but tasted wonderful. I used a combo of butter and crisco and added in some nuts as well as chocolate chips. Thanks Barb.