Recipe by Sassy in da South
I had these at a recent cookout and they were terrific. Be sure to not overcook as the inside may dry out a bit. We made some on the grill and some using the broiler and the ones on the grill were the best. Just make sure to grill them slowly.
- 8 boneless pork cutlets (You can also use veal, beef, or chicken.)
- 4 long green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Between two sheets of waxed paper, pound out the cutlets until around 1/4 inch thin.
- In a small bowl mix together the onions, garlic, bacon, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon in the tomato sauce a little at a time to form a paste.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the pork cutlets and roll up securing the ends with toothpicks.
- Season the outside with a little more salt and pepper.
- Prepare the grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil slowly for around 30 minutes turning once.