Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, fine chopped
- 4 cups canned plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 5 lbs spareribs, Trimmed
- Melt butter in saucepan or skillet over medium high heat and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic and cook a minute longer.
- Put tomatoes through a food mill or puree in a blender or food processor.
- Add to onion mixture along with all other ingredients except meat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for several minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Thread ribs on to spit and secure with prongs.
- Close cover two thirds of way.
- Spit roast for 30 minutes, then baste every ten or so for another 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Place several tablespoons of sauce on each plate and serve with ribs.