Recipe by Phil Benusa
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A new take of a Mediterranean staple. This recipe enriches the flavor of your favorite hummus recipe by adding roasted garlic and adds the nutritional benefits of fresh spirulina.
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained liquid reserved
- 2 -3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh spirulina, paste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the can of chickpeas and reserve the liquid for later use.
- Add the roasted chickpeas, roasted garlic, olive oil, tahini, fresh spirulina paste, lemon juice and salt to a food processor and puree. If the puree is too thick add 1 tbsp of chickpea liquid at a time until desired consistency is achieved.