Recipe by jovigirl
This is just so good! I love spinach and got this recipe from my friend Cindi. Its a great side to several dishes!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
This was a very good side dish with a good combination of flavours. I did cook the tomatoes longer then the suggested time, they were heated through after the 6 minutes but I prefered the tomoatoes to be softer, so ended up cooking them for 15 minutes.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 medium tomatoes, -- firm
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, -- shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, -- finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, -- minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook unopened spinach on high for 4 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, drain well and squeeze dry. Put in large bowl. Slice and hollow out centers of tomatoes. Discard seeds. Chop pulp finely and add to spinach. Invert tomatoes shells on paper towels to drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, onion, parmesan, salt & pepper to spinach mixture and blend well. Spoon evenly into shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parsely. Arrange in 8-inch round glass or ceramic baking dish & cook at 350 degrees for 6 minutes or until heated through.