Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I originally found this recipe in Bon Appetit several years ago. I've changed things up a little. It's a great pie. Even folks who don't really like pumpkin pie (like me) enjoy it. Makes enough for a 10-inch pie. Time doesn't include making a pie crust.
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup dark spiced rum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk first ten ingredients in large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour filling into prepared (baked and cooled) pie crust.
- Bake pie 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake until filling no longer moves in center when dish is shaken, about 30 minutes longer.
- Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.