Recipe by peachez
A co-worker's wife made this for our Dept. I as many other's asked for the recipe and she printed it out for us. Thanks Chas !
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 3⁄4 cups brazil nuts, whole
- 2 cups pitted dates, whole
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, whole
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruit, nuts and brandy in a large covered mixing bowl, allow to soak overnight.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line 2 loaf pans with lightly oiled wax paper.
- In a large freezer baggie, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, tossing to mix.
- Drain fruit/nut, brandy mixture, reusing bowl.
- Add flour mixture to fruit/ nut mix, stir well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs till frothy, add vanilla to mix.
- Pour egg& vanilla mix into fruit/nut/flour mixture, stirring by hand to combine Divide mixture evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 3/4- 2 hours.
- Cool on wire racks.
- When cool, remove from pans and wrap.