Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light. I make it every year for the holidays, plus extra to freeze for serving later with roasted chicken. I've given the directions as in the original recipe; however, to save time I let the apricots stand about 30 minutes rather than 8 hours. I just throw it all in the pot and cook, then refrigerate the sauce overnight. I like it because it's not too sweet and since my children love to eat it, I use orange juice rather than sherry.
- 3 ounces thinly sliced dried apricots (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries or 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cranberries
- Combine apricots and sherry (or orange juice) in a small bowl; cover and let stand 8 hours.
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add apricot mixture, honey and cranberries.
- Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl; cover and chill.
I have been making this recipe from Cooking Light for the last several years. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe with the world...LOL