Recipe by invictus
I went to a Christmas party at a friends house this year and among the treats were these little gems. Filled with chocolate chips, nuts, and spiked with kahlua, they are a little party in your mouth. I got the recipe just today and immediately made a batch. The recipe called generically for nuts and I always associate walnuts with chocolate chips, but I was out. I did have plenty of almonds and I am so glad I did. What a great combination of flavors!
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Mmmm, nice cookies. This made 41 cookies and they baked for 9 minutes. Crunchy on the edges, soft in the middle. Used slivered almonds but will try them with walnuts too.
Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add egg and liqeur and beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients together and add to batter, blending well.
- Stir in nuts and chocoate chips.
- Drop by generous teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.