Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are awesome all year. This is form the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. This recipes is for 0-1,000 feet adjust for your area.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups cherries, washed drained
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon vodka or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kirsch or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cherry brandy or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons amaretto liqueur
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add Cherries, stirring constantly, and return to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon pack fruit in hot jars withing 1/2 in headspace add rum or spirit. Ladle hot syrup into jar to cover fruit. Wipe rum and place lids and bands on jars.
- Place jars in canner and process 10 minutes.