Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that my mother gave me some time ago. It is a wonderful twist on traditional baked beans. I like to serve these anytime I am preparing baby back ribs. The Kahlua is what makes this recipe a little unique. I like to add jalapenos for an extra kick.
- 2 (28 ounce) cansof your favorite baked beans
- 8 slices bacon, cut up
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put beans in bean pot or baking dish.
- Brown bacon, add onion and cook until tender, drain off most of the fat and add to beans.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and Kahlua and add to beans. Cover dish and bake in oven for 2 hours.
Succulent...and with a depth of flavor unusual in prepared canned baked beans. I REALLY like these!