Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. This recipes is for 0-1,000 feet elevation adjust for your area.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced pitted peeled apricots
- 1 tablespoon rum, brand or 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apricots, brand or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Amaretto or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons port wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolved sugar. Add apricots, stirring constantly and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently 5 minutes.
- Pack apricots leaving 1/2 in headspace. Add rum or liquer of choice and hot syrup.
- Wipe rim and place lids.
- Process 20 mintues.