Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light March 2006
Make and share this Spirals With Chicken-Artichoke Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat spiral pasta or 1 (12 ounce) package kamut, spirals
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichokes, quarters rinsed, drained, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine, salt, pepper, and artichokes; simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is done.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and 1/3 cup basil.
- Place sauce and pasta in a large bowl; stir gently to combine. Garnish with chopped basil.
This did not have a lot of flavor to it at all and it seemed like it was missing something. Sorry but it did not go over well here at all.