1/4 Photos of Spiral Supreme - Pasta Excellence
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A creamy pasta dish filled with colourful vegetables, found it years ago on the label of a can of Carnation Evaporated Milk, been making it ever since, I adapt the vegetables, and add, or omit, the ham, depending on what I have, and who is eating! I've guessed at cooking and preparation times, the only real work is in preparing the vegetables....you can have the meal on the table in under twenty minutes from start to finish. Use vegetable stock cubes, and omit the ham, to make this a tasty vegetarian dish... that's how I generally prepare it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g spiral shaped pasta (Fusilli)
- 40 ml oil
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 250 g smoked ham, cut into strips (optional)
- 1 bunch spinach, stalks removed, washed, drained and finely sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in
- 100 ml water
- 1 (410 g) can evaporated milk
- 15 ml cornflour
- 5 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- 1Cook pasta as directed on packet - drain and toss in a little oil. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2Heat remainder of oil in a large saucepan.
- 3Fry mushrooms, spring onion, garlic, red pepper, chilli and smoked ham, until golden.
- 4Add spinach and stirfry for a minute.
- 5Add chicken stock.
- 6Mix cornflour with a little evaporated milk, until smooth, add to stirfry with remaining Evaporated Milk, and soy sauce.
- 7Cook for two more minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- 8Add parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve immediately over hot pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiral Supreme - Pasta Excellence
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 602.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 28.7 g