Recipe by Big T's Big Green Egg
Tasty stuffed tenderloin on the grill.
Top Review by Viclynn
I just got my kamoto grill, so was anxious to try your recipe. Had two slender tenderloins, so pounded both thin. Added "stuffing" to one layer, and placed the 2nd tenderloin on top. I included asparagus and slivered onion. Tied both together and grilled. After cooking, placed in foil for 20 minutes. EVERYONE had seconds!
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin, skinless, boneless (1.25-1.5 lbs)
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach leaves
- 6 chopped garlic cloves, substitute garlic salt
- 1 bunch green onion, whole
- garlic pepper seasoning
- olive oil
- dry rub seasonings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparation Directions.
- Spiral cut the tenderloin and spread flat.
- Coat both sides lightly with olive oil.
- Lay spinach leaves (or asparagus, or both), chopped garlic cloves, Garlic Pepper Seasoning (to taste) and whole green onions toward one end.
- Roll up and tie with cooking twine.
- Rub the outside with Bad Byron’s Butt Rub.
- The Big Green Egg temperature should be stabilized at 450.
- Place Loin directly on the grill and seal all around (with lid open).
- Remove from heat for 5 minutes (let the meat relax).
- Close lid and reduce stabilize heat at 250-260 degrees.
- The loin will need to cook for 60 to 90 minutes (and remember if you are looking you are not cooking!).
- You should use a meat thermometer to track the temperature until it reaches 155-160 degrees
- Remove from heat, slice and serve hot.