Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very easy and versatile week night meal! I have made this with pepperoni, scrambled eggs and bacon, and vegetarian versions.
- 1 (11 ounce) package Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 3⁄4 cup skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced ham
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 diced onion, medium
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Unroll the dough and pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella acheese to within 1/2 inches of edges; top with meat, red peppers, spinach, and onion.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a serrated knife.
I had left over homemade pizza dough in the freezer so decided to make this for a fast, easy dinner and glad I chose it. So simple, I made one with just cheese and sauce for our nephew and one with pepperoni and cheese for the rest of us. Served with a fresh green salad and a side of pizza sauce for dipping if needed and not a piece was left over. Nice recipe.