Stuffed with salami, ham, roasted red peppers and cheeses, this stromboli takes advantage of refrigerated French loaf dough so it's easy to assemble for a meal, appetizer or late night snack. I have prepared this with other variations--using diced green peppers or onions, pepperoni, etc. I like to make this using whatever I have on hand or whatever I have a craving for. Another favorite from Taste of Home's Busy Family Cookbook.
- 1 (11 ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli salami
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Unroll the dough and pat into a 14" x 12" rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese to within 1/2" of edges; top with meat and red peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice wih a serrated knife.
This recipe can be modified to make a million different strombolis. We've made this as posted, but have also tried it with chicken/cheese/jalapenos, sausage/cheese, pepperoni/cheese, spinach/feta, etc. Get creative!
This was quick and easy!! Left out the ham and salami ....used pepperoni..yummy. Am making it for lunch again this week. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was a very quick and easy dinner tonight! You can easily change the filling up to suit different tastes and have a meal on the table in no time. I made it with the ham and salami as written, but did skip the roasted red pepper as a personal choice. Thanks for sharing your recipe :) Made for PAC Spring 09