Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick lunch or dinner!
- 1 (11 ounce) package Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli salami
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red peppers or 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Unroll the dough and pat into a 14-in.x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to within 1/2 inches of edges; top with meat and red peppers. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice with a serrated knife.
This is very good! Next time, and I will make this again for sure, I think I'll try other meats and cheeses. I think you could use deli turkey and ham with swiss and/or havarti or many other combos. I didn't have jarred roasted peppers, so I used fresh green. Mine only took about 18 minutes, but ovens vary. Thanks for a really good idea, Kristen!