Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried these yet -- but since St. Patrick's Day is just about here, thought I would try and get it posted. The recipe says these can be prepared ahead of time and frozen.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (you'll just need one sheet, thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 6 -8 slices deli corned beef (about 6 oz.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- additional Dijon mustard
- On floured surface, roll pastry to 12x10 inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/4 cup mustard evenly over pastry; top with cheese, then corned beef.
- Cut crosswise in half. Roll up each rectangle from short end, jelly-roll fashion, seal seams*.
- Cut each roll into 16 slices. Place, cut sides up, on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with additional mustard.
- *Note: If you like, you may prepare the rolls ahead to this point, then wrap and freeze. to serve, thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes; slice and bake as directed above.