Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This little casserole is fantastic for feeding the younguns!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced turkey pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and Italian seasoning; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta; toss with egg mixture. Transfer to a greased 3 qt baking dish. Top with beef mixture, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown.
I thought this was great! I wanted the meat and cheese to be mixed up instead of layered, though. That's my only change. Oh, and I did use regular pepperoni and it worked fine.