Recipe by Lainey6605
From Taste of Home
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was really good and the entire family liked it. My only problem was that it seemed to dry out after baking and we had to squirt some ketchup on it to eat it. Other than that, the flavor was good. I used garlic powder instead of salt and followed another reviewer's advice and subbed cooked Italian sausage for the ground beef (which was great!). I also broiled it for 5 minutes to get a nice brown on the cheese and pepperonis. I'm sure we will make this again with some added sauce. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (you can use more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the pizza sauce, garlic salt and Italian seasoning and fresh parsley; remove from the heat and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine the eggs, half 'n half and parmesan cheese and Romano cheese.
- Drain pasta; toss with egg mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with beef mixture, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown.