Recipe by Toby Jermain
My wife and I developed this recipe to suite our taste for a tart pasta salad. Prep time includes setting time.
- 3 -4 cups cooled cooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mediterranean olive, green,black,garlicky,whatever,pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed,more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, green pepper, celery, tomato, and carrot, and toss gently to combine.
- In a lidded jar, combine all dressing ingredients, and shake thoroughly to combine.
- Set aside for 20 minutes for flavor to develop.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture, and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate salad for 30 minutes, tossing twice.
- Taste for seasonings, and adjust to taste.
- It may need more vinegar; if so, add a little balsamic vinegar if you have it, otherwise whatever you originally used.