Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great dish for those summer barbecues and picnics. Feel free to experiement with other ingredients. I always add some sliced ripe olives and at times sliced stuff olives. You can also vary the green pepper and use some of the other colors (or a combination).
- 3 cups cooked spiral shaped pasta (I use the tri-colored pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato (I always use Roma tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (I grate mine)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, green pepper, celery, tomato and carrot.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Chill several hours before serving.
This is an awesome recipe! The only changes I made were to add 1 cup diced ham and 1/2 cup colby cheese cubes. The second time I made this, I added 1/2 Tbs. McCormicks Salad Supreme Mix. It was great either way. Very easy to make and everyone liked it. Nice change from the usual italian dressing type recipes.
Another winning recipe from Bobbie #3. I love the sweet & sour taste to salads like these. It is colorful and easy to make and I mixed everything in one bowl. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.