Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is one of my recipes featured in Southern Living. A gal named "Dee" made this and brought it to our office about 40 years ago, and it's been my favorite mac salad ever since. She said you can put almost any fresh garden veggie in this and it will work.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch dill seed
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse macaroni with cold water; drain.
- Combine macaroni and next 7 ingredients; toss gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour over salad; toss gently.
- Cover and chill at least an hour.
- Yield: 6 servings.