Prep 1 min
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my recipes featured in Southern Living. A gal named "Dee" made this and brought it to our office about 40 years ago, and it's been my favorite mac salad ever since. She said you can put almost any fresh garden veggie in this and it will work.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pinch dill seed
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch celery seed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse macaroni with cold water; drain.
- Combine macaroni and next 7 ingredients; toss gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour over salad; toss gently.
- Cover and chill at least an hour.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Absoltely delicious! So flavorful, I love the taste of tomatoes with the mayo! You can even add thinly sliced carrots or bread&butter pickles into this! Enjoy!
So full of flavor with all of those great ingredients! Love the dressing and would add just a touch more mayo next time.
Bliss,That is a wonderful tasting pasta salad,I like the cheese in it-I used some pepper jack.This isn't only a southern Living recipe,but a great Western one too! Thanks for the recipe.Rose of sharon â™¥