Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I'm all about easy breads and rolls to go with dinner, and these look simple and yummy. They're from the Jan/Feb 2004 issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine, and I'm storing them here to try ASAP!
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup soy cheese
- Remove crescent dough from tube; DO NOT unroll.
- Cut into 8 slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Top with green onions.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese; lightly press cheese into slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This was a really good dinner roll. Very easy to make and tasty. Very nice appearance also. I left out the garlic powder and added 1 very-finely minced clove and considerably more cheese (it was closer to 3/4 cup).
These were really fast, easy and delicious. I added diced red onion in place of the green onions and doubled the garlic powder. Thanks Kree.
I really like this as a quick side dish. It's easy and perfect just as is - no need to change a thing. Yum!