Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The following recipe call for two pounds of meat or chicken. Feel free to double the amount of meat as desired but remember to double the remaining ingredients. Each recipe will yield 5-6 sandwiches. How to marinate the meat? Upon buying your meat, ask your butcher to slice it thin or you can choose to slice it yourself. Then marinate the meat as per any of the following recipes. Leave the meat to marinate in the fridge for 45 minutes. For best results, refrigerate overnight
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1 lb lamb
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all of the ingredients with the meat and let it sit in the fridge for at least 45minutes. It is best to marinate overnight.
- If you have a Vertical Broiler such as Spinning Grillers you can follow the following:.
- How to assemble the tower of meat?.
- Begin with the longer piece of meat on the bottom of the tower and start assembling the next pieces in a criss-cross manner. You can layer pieces of meat on top of each other without having to insert them through the spit. Some recipes include a layer of fat in between the stacks of meat. The purpose of adding this layer is to keep the mea moist. Place a tomato or onion on top of the tower and you are ready to grill it.
- If you do not have Shawarma Machine, you can use your grill to sear and cook the meat, then slice thin and serve.