Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hollanders like plain, substantial food and lots of it. This tasty vegetable dish comes from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 2 rusks, crushed
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter (more to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash spinach very well and cook, adding no additional water, over medium heat until tender (8-10 minutes).
- Drain, chop fine and add rusk crumbs.
- Season to taste with salt, vinegar, pepper and butter.
- Garnish with hard-cooked eggs.