A quick, light soup for cool days. Straight from Norway for the World Tour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash spinach thoroughly; drain and chop coarsely. (If you're using frozen spinach, defrost it and drain thoroughly.).
- 2Place a sieve or strainer over a large bowl; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan or soup pot, bring broth to a boil. Add spinach. Simmer 5 minutes, then pour into sieve or strainer, catching the stock in the bowl. Press the spinach with a spoon to remove as much liquid as possible. Set the stock aside. Chop the spinach very fine. (this step not necessary if using frozen spinach).
- 4Melt the butter in the saucepan or soup pot. Remove pan from heat and stir in the flour. Using a whisk, slowly add the hot broth, mixing well. Return pan to heat and bring broth to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Add spinach, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Serve soup garnished with slices of hard-boiled egg.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinatsuppe (Norwegian Spinach Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 2357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 19.6 g