Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Something I was served often for lunch while living in Germany.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 potatoes (mashed or roasted, according to your preference)
- 4 fried eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Melt butter in a large pot. Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour one tablespoon at a time until a thick paste forms.
- Over medium high heat whisk in small batches of milk until you have a creamy bechamel sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a seperate pot, steam the spinach.
- Drain spinach and add to bechamel.
- Puree with immersion blender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Keep warm.
- Prepare potatoes and eggs.
- Stir sour cream into spinach and bring to serving temperature.
- Divide potatoes onto 4 plates, topping each serving with spinach and a fried egg.