Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so easy and gives such a great blend of tastes that it doesn't deserve just to be a side dish. Another from 365 Easy Italian Recipes.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large covered frying pan, cook spinach in water that clings to leaves 2 or 3 minutes. Drain, squeeze and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in pine nuts and garlic.
- Add spinach and raisins when garlic becomes fragrant and pine nuts are golden (about 30 seconds).Cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I had this cookbook many years ago but lost it somehow. I'm glad to see this quick, tasty recipe here and look forward to making it again soon.