Vino Girl's Note:
From Vegetarian Times, September 2009
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini (or 1 15-oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach (4 ozs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped mint leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- 3Add zucchini, and cook 8 minutes more, or until vegetables are well browned.
- 4Add vegetable broth and water, and bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in beans and spinach, and return to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- 7Stir in lemon juice, zest, and mint.
- 8Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth