Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yummy, veggie filled lasagna is taken from Lisa Kochen und Backen, a German monthly cooking and baking mag. It is easy to make, rather quick considering it's a lasagna after all and tastes sooo good. It is also on the lighter side, which in my book is always a plus. I hope youll enjoy this as much as me and my friends did. :)
For the veggie layer
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 750 g zucchini, chopped
- 750 g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and liquid squeezed out
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
For the white sauce
- 500 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 200 g yogurt (low-fat is fine)
- 5 tablespoons cheese, grated (use your favourite)
For the red sauce
- 1 (400 g) jar pasta sauce, arrabiata flavour (meaning hot)
- 1 (400 g) jar pasta sauce, with basil (or other herbs)
- 300 g lasagna noodles (the no boil kind)
- 5 tablespoons cheese, shredded (use your favourite)
- In a big pan heat the oil. Saute garlic until nicely browned.
- Add zucchini and spinach and saute until nearly done (about 10 minutes).
- Season and allow to cool a tad.
- Make the white sauce by combining ricotta, yogurt and cheese. Add this to the vegetable mixture and stir to combine. The yogurt might curdle, but that is fine.
- Now make the red sauce by mixing both pasta sauces together.
- For assembly start by spreading enough of the red sauce in your baking dish (I used a rectangular 22X35 cm/ 9X13 inch dish). Follow with the veggie white sauce mixture and then add a layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat until everything is used up making sure to end with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle top with the remaining 5 tbs of cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and bubbling.
- Allow to stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then enjoy. :).