Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wontons filled with Spinach and Tofu
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 1 large scallion
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 15 ounces firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 5 ounces sliced Baby Spinach
- Heat a frying pan and add the sesame seed oil.
- Once hot, add the sliced scallions.
- Crumble the block of tofu over the frying mixture.
- Pour soysauce over it and mix.
- Let that simmer for 5 minutes while you slice the spinach.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach.
- Let this cool before continuing to the next step.
- You want the filling to be cool before assembling the wontons.
- Fry in 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.
- 2 minutes on one side, one minute on the other OR until crispy and golden brown.