Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so rich and delicious. I have always loved spinach, but even people who normally wouldn't eat spinach(children), will like this recipe. It's easy.
- 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach or 4 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook and drain spinach.
- If you're using fresh spinach, be sure to wash thoroughly, chop fine, and drain.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter and cool.
- Mix well 2 cups ricotta, 2 beaten eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add spinach and melted butter.
- Place in buttered baking dish.
- Dot with 4 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
This was beyong GREAT! My picky (veggies need to be just right) DH loved this and sure enought my 6y old and 2y old inhaled it. Though I have to admit I don't normally keep romano cheese on me, so used mozerella instead. It still came out wonderful. This is now my iron-packed side dish. Thanks Robinjoy
This is absolutely scrumptious. One of the best spinach recipies I have tried. And yes the kids loved it.